Please read the terms of this policy carefully before using this website.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation Pitch@Palace C.I.C. (number 09592001) and Pitch@Palace Global Limited (number 10622221) “our“, “us” or “we“) are the data controllers of your personal information. We are registered with the ICO as data controllers under registration numbers ZA198147 (Pitch@Palace CIC) and A8239296 (Pitch@Palace Global Limited).
When you apply or submit information in relation to a Pitch@Palace event in the UK, Pitch@Palace C.I.C will be the data controller of your personal information.
When you apply or submit information in relation to a Pitch@Palace event outside the UK, Pitch@Palace Global will be the data controller of your personal information.
2. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR you have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities in certain circumstances (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your situation, to any of our processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights;
- to complain about the processing of your data to the relevant supervisory authority (for example, in the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office).
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse your requests where exceptions apply.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to us
You provide your personal data by filling in forms on our website http://pitchatpalace.com (Site) and Pitch@Palace App (App), including when you:
- apply to participate in or attend a Pitch@Palace event or initiative;
- correspond with us by phone, email or other means; or
- create an account on our Site or App.
The information you give us includes your:
- your name, address, e-mail address and any other contact details you choose to share with us (including links to your social media profiles);
Information we collect about you over the Site or App
With regard to each of your visits to the Site or App, we may automatically collect technical information about your visit to the site, including browser information and streaming speed.
Photographs and films of Pitch@Palace events
Should you and/or members of your team or business be invited to a Pitch@Palace event, such events may be photographed or filmed and the results used as part of publicising Pitch@Palace.
Please note that you can activate the setting on your Internet browser to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your Internet browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR DOING SO
We process your personal data because it is necessary for our or a third party's legitimate interests. This will always be weighed against your rights, interests and expectations. In this respect, we may use your personal data for the following:
- to process your application, select individuals/teams to participate in our events and to judge competition winners;
- to provide information, products, offers and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about our events and initiatives that are similar to those that you have already participated in or enquired about, including follow-up events and alumni events (unless it is required or appropriate to gain your consent);
- to seek your feedback on our events and initiatives and your experience of them;
- to use your name, image (as captured on photo and in video) and Pitch Information to promote our events and initiative, including on social media;
- to make available your name, name of your business, contact details (including social media details) and Pitch Information on the App (where you are an entrepreneur) so that App users can network with you;
- to contact you using the contact details you have provided about your application or your involvement with an event;
- to perform internal research and statistical analysis;
- to notify you about changes to our events and initiatives;
- to ensure that content from the Site and App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to administer the Site and App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (such as voting), when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site and App safe and secure.
We also process your Personal Data for our compliance with our legal obligations. In this respect, we may use your Personal Data for the following:
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, such as our tax reporting requirements and to exercise the data protection rights of others;
- to assist with investigations (including criminal investigations) carried out by competent authorities.
6. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- staff at The Duke of York’s Office in the administration of our initiatives and activities;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and App;
- selectors, judges, mentors and partners who need to see your Pitch Information for the purposes of selecting or judging an event, vote or competition;
- other competition entrants or potential business contacts at official events for networking purposes;
- where you have been selected for Boot Camp and are entered into a People’s Choice competition subject to a public vote, we will publish your name and Pitch Information on our Site and App;
- where you attend an event, we will make available your information on our App to App users, including your name, name of business, contact details and Pitch Information. Visitor accounts on the App, which are available to the public, will be able to view details such as your name and details of an event you attended (the App provides privacy options that allow you to hide your details);
- where you are an Alumni member (i.e. an entrepreneur who has previously attended an event) we will create an Alumni list that will display your name and links to your website and social media channels. The Alumni list will be available to all App users (the App provides privacy options that allow you to hide your details);
- we will post photos, videos and updates from our events on our social media pages including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Weibo, WeChat, WhatsApp and LinkedIn;
- companies, organisations and competent authorities for the purposes of fraud protection, the detection and prevention of crime or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of any third party.
If you opt to use a social media plug-in, for example to interact with us on Facebook or Twitter via the site, please be aware you will be potentially sharing your information with a third party over whom we have no control. Please consult their respective privacy policies before using third party services.
7. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store part of your information via a customer relations management system in cloud-based data storage provided outside the EEA, in the United States of America. The companies we use to provide storage have signed up to Privacy Shield which has been confirmed as an appropriate gateway for international transfers under GDPR. We shall ensure that we only use companies that comply with relevant laws and respect your rights and freedoms as a data subject.
8. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for our legitimate business purposes after the termination of our relationship with you. For example, we may retain data to check whether you have previously submitted an application for an event or to keep you informed about future events that you may be interested in.
Version 3 July 2018
You are seeing this because you are using a browser that is not supported. The Pitch@Palce People's Choice Award website is built using modern technology and standards. We recommend upgrading your browser with one of the following to properly view our website:Windows
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of browsers. We also do not intend to recommend a particular manufacturer's browser over another's; only to suggest upgrading to a browser version that is compliant with current standards to give you the best and most secure browsing experience.